Best Monitors Under 100 Dollars:Top 10 Reviews & Guide (2018 Updated)
Finding a decent monitor can be a challenge especially if your budget is not very high. I took the time to find the best monitors that have good performances but don’t cost a fortune. The 10 best monitors under 100 dollars below will definitely help if you don’t have or you don’t want to spend a lot of money for such product.
Quick Tips: Before Your Reading
You need to bear in mind that the following monitors are cheap and as such, you cannot expect them to last for years. But, I still choose the most decent ones on the market and they will more or less meet your expectations.
What’re your needs
Before buying such product you must decide what is that you are expecting from it. Longevity is always questionable when it comes to cheap monitor, but they are a good starting point before you actually find the money for more expensive one with better quality.
Under 100? The real Consideration
It is really hard to believe that a monitor that costs less than 100 dollars can satisfy the needs of the user. Another consideration would be how long that kind of monitor will be able to perform. The products below might change your perception about cheap monitors.
How We Picked Or Tested
I picked these monitors based on the performances they offer, their cost and their design. The most important thing for me was the users’ reviews and their experiences with every each one of these monitors.
Editors’ Choice: HP Pavilion 21.5-Inch IPS LED HDMI VGA Monitor
About This HP Pavilion 21.5-Inch
For the price of 90 dollars, you are receiving a monitor that has 21, 5 inches and it is Full HD. The viewing angles are wide and the images are vibrant, this is thanks to the IPS technology. The resolution, as I mentioned above, is Full HD and 16:9 plus the two million pixels that contribute to the vibrant and crystal clear quality of the image. This monitor has a response time of 7ms and the picture without a doubt is crisp, smooth and there is no blur. The ports are very accessible and there is one for VGA, then for HDMI and HDCP. This monitor is also efficient when it comes to power consumption thanks to the design that is low halogen and it only consumes 20 Watt. The monitor’s glass does not contain any arsenic!
- The low power consumption has to be one of the top pros as well as the low price of only 90 dollars.
- The fact that the monitor has Full HD is also awesome feature just like the IPS technology that contributes for a clear and vibrant image.
- I read that some users have noticed lines that come up the monitor after some time of usage.
For such a low price you can’t expect something extraordinary, but this monitor is very decent and it lives up to its expectations. The performances and the design are just right for the price you are paying for it. I would say that it is the kind of monitor that you and your family can use for some ordinary stuff like work, homework, and probably the social media.
Top2 Sceptre E series E205W-1600 V1 20″ Screen LED-Lit Monitor With HDMI, DVI and VGA Ports Reviews
About This Sceptre E series monitor
This monitor offers true 1600 x 900 resolution, and contrast ratio that is as high as 5.000.00:1. The monitor has an HDMI, VGA or DVI ports. Another cool feature is the built-in speakers and it also is VESA wall mount ready. The monitor delivers rich colors that are very pleasant to the eyes, this is thanks to the LED screen. The darks and the light contrasts are sharp and the quality of the picture is very natural looking. The response time is 5ms, therefore, the transition will be almost instant. The monitor also has the Energy star which means that it is efficient and therefore environment-friendly. Another cool feature is the tilting ability, which will enable you to find the angle that suits you the best. For the 67 dollars, you really are getting some cool features with this monitor.
- Cool functionally for a very small price.
- The construction is sturdy and the colors are rich and vibrant thanks to the 1600 x 900 resolution.
- The tilting ability is also very useful feature and the monitor is energy efficient and it is environment-friendly.
- I noticed that some of the users have experienced problems like the monitor stopped working only after few months of usage.
- Also, some users have experienced dead pixels on the monitor after some time of usage.
I believe for the price you are paying this is a very decent monitor. The reviews are mainly positive and people really like using this item. It has the most important ports and even though the speakers are not as good as you would want, they are still good enough.
Top3 Sceptre E248W-1920R 24 Inch Ultra Thin 1080p 75Hz LED Monitor Reviews
About This Sceptre E248W-1920R 24 Inch
For the price of 100 dollars, you are receiving a monitor with an ultra-slim metallic design. The monitor is completely compatible with Windows 10 and also with the earlier version of Windows 7, Windows and Windows XP. The monitor has mini-jack audio out of 3.5 mm also it has ports for VGA and HDMI. The designers were thoughtful enough, so they added the blue light shift-reduce ability so that the blue light will protect your eyes and it will protect them from getting fatigued, irritated and strained. This will help you stay longer hours on the computer without the worry of getting tired too fast. The response time is 5ms, meaning all your activities will be transitioned to the monitor in no time.
- The top pro would be the blue light shift which avoids your eyes getting fatigued and irritated.
- Also, the ultra slim and metallic design is another cool feature.
- The 5 ms response time makes all your activities transition to the monitor in no time.
- Just like with the previous two monitors, users have experienced dead pixels very shortly after they started using the monitor.
I would say that for the 100 dollars this is one decent monitor. What attracts me the most is the blue light shift-reduce ability, which comes handy for those you spend long hours on the computer. The design is also very appealing and the response time is quite fast. I believe you are getting your money worth.
Top4 AOC e1659Fwu 16-Inch Ultra Slim 1366×768 Res 200 cd/m2 Brightness USB 3.0-Powered Portable LED Monitor Reviews
About This AOC e1659Fwu 16-Inch Ultra Slim
This is 16 inches (out of which 15.6 inches are viewable) monitor with maximum resolution of 1366×768 and contrasts ration of 500:1. The response time is 8ms. You won’t need a power cable, because this monitor is powered by USB the 3.0 technology. The design is super slim; therefore it is very easy to be carried around. This monitor is compatible with Windows 10, but you will need a driver, which you can download, for this purpose. I would say this is a monitor for the kind of people who travel a lot, and they need a decent monitor for power point presentation purposes. The design is ultra lightweight and it can fit in a backpack without any problem. If you are one of those people who need more than one monitor and you travel a lot then you might want to try this one.
- The 8ms response time is very decent.
- The design is ultra slim and the monitor is very easy to be carried around with you.
- It is perfect for people who travel around, and they need a monitor for presentations or similar purposes.
- From the reviews I read, the monitor does not have a very long lifespan and it brakes easily.
100 dollars is not a lot for a monitor, but it is not cheap as well. You would expect the item you are spending your money on, to last for a decent amount of time so that you will get your money worth. From the reviews I read, this monitor is good to travel around with, but it brakes easily and it does not last for long period of time. I honestly do not think that it is worth to spend your money on this item.
Top5 BenQ GL2460HM 24 Inch Full HD 1080p 2ms LED Gaming Monitor Reviews
About This BenQ GL2460HM 24 Inches
For the price of around 118 dollars this monitor is offering 2ms response time, therefore, it guarantees you super fast performance. The visual is perfection thanks to the Full HD 1080p 16:9. The monitor has preset modes that will deliver you the best viewing quality. The dynamic 12m:1 ratio plus the flicker-free technology will offer you an experience like you never seen before. The blue light technology is there to automatically reduce the blue light in order to prevent your eyes from getting fatigued or irritated. The flicker-free technology is there to eliminate flickering no matter what brightness your monitor is set on and alongside with the blue light technology this also helps to prevent your eyes from getting fatigued.
- The blue light technology is always a nice addition to the monitor.
- The flicker-free technology works alongside with the blue light technology, and they prevent your eyes from getting tired and irritated.
- The Full HD 1080p 16:9 plus the dynamic 12m:1 ratio will deliver the best viewing quality.
- I noticed some users did not like the picture that this monitor delivers and also they are not satisfied with the BenQ’s customer service.
I would say that for the 118 dollars you are receiving an item that really offers a lot. What I like the most about this monitor is the blue light technology and the flicker-free technology. I would say that this item is a good buy.
Top6 Acer G226HQL 21.5-Inch Screen LED Monitor Reviews
About This Acer G226HQL 21.5-Inch Screen
This monitor has amazing HD 1920×1080 resolution on it LED display. The response time is 5ms and it brings immersive graphics to your games and movies. The Acer’s adaptive contrast management will make sure that the monitor will always deliver you the best picture. The monitor comes with DVI-D and HDCP which will allow you to watch copy-protected media as well as digital movies. The does not have HDMI ports and the VESA mounts are separately sold. The design is super slim and it comes in the color black. The LED backlighting is mercury-free, thus making it safe for you and the environment and the monitor is also energy efficient.
- For the price of 78 dollars, you are receiving decent picture and 5ms response time.
- The tilt option will enable you to position the monitor the way it suits you the best.
- You will receive a monitor with vibrant colors from many viewing angles.
- I would say the biggest one is that it does not have HDMI port and no VESA mounts.
Considering that the price is really small I would say that this is a good buy, but only if you can pass through the fact that there are no HDMI port and no VESA mounts. If this is something you can live with, I would suggest you buy this item.
Top7 ASUS VS228H-P 21.5″ Full HD 1920×1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor Reviews
About This Target Keyword
This monitor is offering LED display with a widescreen and Full HD. The response time is very decent and it is 5ms. The monitor will also allow you to choose the preferred display depending on what you are watching or doing on the computer. For the quality of the image and the colors, there is the Smart View Technology that will make sure this monitor never fail you. For more optimized performances and for the image’s fidelity there is the Video Intelligence technology. The 50m:1 contrast ratio will make the image appear lifelike.
- The price is very affordable and yet you are receiving a monitor with great image quality.
- The display does not get affected by lights and reflections from other objects.
- The 5ms response time is successfully preventing ghosting.
- Thin design and energy efficient product.
- The monitor does not have gamma correction.
I would definitely say that this is a good buy. The monitor is affordable and still, it is offering some cool performances. The response time is decent and the color quality is very good.
If I Were You, I will Choose ASUS VS228H-P 21.5″ Full HD 1920×1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor, Here Are 3 Reasons
- Affordable price for a monitor with awesome image quality.
- The 5ms response time prevents ghosting.
- The design is thin and the monitor is energy efficient.
Ready for Our Monitors under 100 dollars Recommendations?
You must know that you cannot expect a cheap monitor to last forever, but you for sure can find some decent ones. ASUS VS228H-P 21.5″ and HP Pavilion 21.5-Inch is probably the two monitor that are worth to give them a try, in my opinion.
The market is offering endless monitors from very expensive ones to very cheap ones. The more you pay does not always mean that the more you will get. That is why I choose the monitors above, which for a small price offer very decent performances.